Pages

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

5 Ways I’m Using Facebook to Drive Traffic, Build Brand and Increase Reader Engagement

I was always a doubter when it came to using Facebook to promote a blog. I’m not sure why – but despite my best efforts I couldn’t seem to get Facebook to ‘work’ as well as I could with Twitter when it came to engaging readers, driving traffic and building community.

However in the last few months things have changed – Facebook has become HOT for me, at on my photography blog.
I’m pretty sure it’s more about how I’m using Facebook than any particular change at Facebook but I’ve started to see it become a lot more useful in a few ways including driving traffic (see chart below), increasing reader engagement and building brand. Here’s the traffic from facebook over the last 13 months (click to enlarge):

Full article:
(Click the QRCode or scan with your mobile phone)

qrcode 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please take a moment to share your thoughts. ruben m [editor]